Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto to Tokyo: Half-day trip around Fuji? 2018/4/6 22:24
Hello!

I feel a little bit lost when it comes to Fuji-san and I need your help :)

I was in Japan last year and I could not see Fuji-san from the Shinkansen or from Tokyo. When I will be in Japan one of my biggest goals is to see Fuji-san! Originally, I was planning a day-trip with the bus from Tokyo to Lake Kawaguchiko, however since in May there are usually only a few days where you can see Fuji-san from the lake, I am starting to question if I should even to do that. Some might say that the area of the 5 lakes is worth a visit without the mountain, but I am not really interested in it without the mountain, since I will see a lot of other awesome stuff during my trip.
I mean I donft have to decide that now and still can travel to Kawaguchiko, when the weather forecast for the next day is fantastic, but I am starting to think what my alternatives are.

I will be in the Kansai region, but I will travel to Tokyo mid of May for about a week. I`ve read the report on this page about Fujinomiya City and the new Fuji world heritage center (looks amazing) and thought that it is convenient to stop here when traveling from Kyoto to Tokyo. Or even from Fuji City I could see Fuji-san. So, letfs assume the weather on that day is good, I could make a stop somewhere between Kyoto and Tokyo and spend like half a day there. Of course, I would need to find a coin locker for my luggage otherwise it would not be convenient.

Anyone done this before? Was it worth it?

Thank you so much!
by Inaigun  

Re: Kyoto to Tokyo: Half-day trip around Fuji? 2018/4/7 15:11
For best chance at viewing, you need to arrive before 1030am. Very difficult coming from Kansai region.

Also doing so as you plan doesn't allow for flexibility if weather is bad.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread