Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Neighbourhoods Tokyo 2018/4/10 09:24
Hi there, my wife and I are moving to Tokyo in August. My wife will be working within walking distance of Azabu-juban train station. We are trying to research where to live. We are in our 40's and like to be able to walk to bars and restaurants. My wife would like to not have to change train lines if possible. I would love to hear some suggestions. Our budget is not more than 200k a month. One bed apartment. We don't have children.
Thank you
by Jamie (guest)  

Re: Neighbourhoods Tokyo 2018/4/10 16:48
Hiroo station is also within walking distance.
by Jamie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Neighbourhoods Tokyo 2018/4/10 19:51
In fact, the Azabu-juban neighborhood itself is very popular for people who can afford to live there. I have the impression that a lot of English-speaking expats live there too, but at the same time the town has always been known for it's old-town feel.

As for other neighborhoods along the Nambu Line, where Azabu-juban station is, any place toward Meguro share many ideal places to live in (again, for those who can afford it). On the other hand, the further you go toward Roppongi-itchome station, the commercial it gets.

I suppose the Hiroo suggestion is nice as long as it's within walking distance from Azabu-juban. But from Hiroo station itself, the train connection is very bad when traveling to Azabu-juban.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Neighbourhoods Tokyo 2018/4/11 16:39
What are people's thoughts on Kachidoki?
Is it a soulless wind tunnel or a underrated gem?
by Jamie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Neighbourhoods Tokyo 2018/4/11 19:22
I have a couple of friends who live(d) in Kachidoki. As I wrote on another thread, they say, and I feel, that the area tends to be a bit stale. That's how landfill sites tend to be. It might depend on the specific spot, but many "manshon"s become very lonely during weekends or at night.

You also might want to keep in mind about where you buy your groceries. A lot of people find reasonable housing in expensive or stale neighborhoods and end up buying groceries near their work place and carrying it home on packed commuter trains.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread