Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Osaka airports from Kyoto 2018/4/10 19:18
We will be visiting Kyoto at the end of May and fly to Okinawa from there. We are looking at flights from both Itami and Kansai airports. Itami is closer and the flight would leave a little later, so I would prefer to fly out from there. However, I have read a lot of posts and checked Hyperdia and find that Itami does not have a direct public transport connection other than by bus. For the bus, it seems we would not be able to reserve seats, so I wonder would it be safe to rely on that service if we could not be sure to be on one specific bus and also would we have to add extra time for potential traffic jams on the way to the airport? We are travelling on a Wednesday morning, flights leaving at 11 a.m. from Itami and 10 a.m. from Kansai. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
by Edelweiss (guest)  

Re: Osaka airports from Kyoto 2018/4/11 11:25
That is completey incorrect. Itami is served by more than just buses.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka airports from Kyoto 2018/4/11 11:34
"Itami does not have a direct public transport connection [from Kyoto] other than by bus" is perfectly correct.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka airports from Kyoto 2018/4/11 14:00
haha Thank you for the pick up.

With that said, I wouldn't let the two transfers scare you using from using the trains and monorail from JR Kyoto station.

Or one transfer if you use Hankyu lines from inner Kyoto.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka airports from Kyoto 2018/4/11 14:39
I know about the train connections. My question referred to the airport bus. Anyone out there who has used it and could comment on how adviseable it is to use it?
by Edelweiss (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread