Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko Inn late arrival policy? 2018/4/10 20:12
Hi
I reserved a room for several nights at Toyoko Inn Tokyo Otemachi. However I have a flight that is due to arrive Haneda airport at 22:00. I saw it was delayed to 23:00 lately but been on time most of the time.

I never landed on Haneda before so not sure how long time from landing to bus/train stop.

Says 30 minutes from Haneda to Kanda station.
by Hoy (guest)  

Re: Toyoko Inn late arrival policy? 2018/4/11 11:23
Chck their website. Each hotel is different.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn late arrival policy? 2018/4/11 11:24
Last year (April) going through Haneda, arriving around 10:00pm, there was a long line at the customs and took me about 45 minutes to wait. This year (March), on the same flight, it took less than 5 minutes. I don't know if they improved or I just got lucky this year. In both cases, I had no problem reaching my hotel near Tokyo station (lots of trains were still running).

by edokko101 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn late arrival policy? 2018/4/11 11:45
(I submitted my previous response prematurely.)
Both times I stayed at Toyoko Inn. When you make reservation online, they ask for approximate time of arrival, so I wrote 23:00.

Toyoko Inn's policy, I believe (check their site for the latest), is to keep your room but charge you one night if you are no-show. So, you don't need to worry about your room given to somebody else.
by edokko101 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn late arrival policy? 2018/4/11 12:13

If you select 23:00 as your check-in time, you ought to be fine.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn late arrival policy? 2018/4/11 18:23
I actually selected 24:00 as arrival time as it was the latest option available.

But it is not an international flight its a domestic actually, so I guess no customs.

But say if I drop in due to late flight around 00.30-01:00 AM, would they still let me use my room or would they say they have charged my first night and cancelled the rest of the reservation?

I have reserved 7 + 3 days ( could not reserve 10 full days). Would be a disaster if they cancelled all the 7 days as there are barely no hotels left in Tokyo these dates.
by Hoy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn late arrival policy? 2018/4/11 20:54
There are two Toyoko Inns near Haneda airport with late night shuttle service. Perhaps you should stay there the first night?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn late arrival policy? 2018/4/11 20:58
This should be mentioned in the terms of service to which you agreed when making your booking. Typically, you just need to contact them if you will be arriving after check-in officially closes.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn late arrival policy? 2018/4/11 23:05

I actually selected 24:00 as arrival time as it was the latest option available.
But say if I drop in due to late flight around 00.30-01:00 AM,

I have stayed at so many Toyoko Inn hotels, and many times arrived 1 hour late, sometimes more, than the selected check-in time, never once they cancelled my reservation.
I seriously doubt if you would encounter any issue. Worry not!
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn late arrival policy? 2018/4/12 00:44
/, that's true if you opted for a 5pm check-in time and you arrive at 7pm.... but what would happen if you choose 24:00, and you arrive at 25:00 or 26:00? On the opposite side of the spectrum, if you arrive too early, even as a member, they'll make you wait until 3pm.

I have a slight predicament in that I'm taking the last flight into Nagasaki and that lands at 21:30. I've set my check-in time for 24:00. There's an hour bus ride into town. If my flight into Narita is late and I miss my connection at Haneda, I guess I'll have to have ANA contact them so they don't give up my room for the remaining 2 nights (I'll be spending 3 there). I'm sure they'll put me on the first available flight out the next morning.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn late arrival policy? 2018/4/12 01:39
I have a slight predicament in that I'm taking the last flight into Nagasaki and that lands at 21:30. I've set my check-in time for 24:00. There's an hour bus ride into town. If my flight into Narita is late and I miss my connection at Haneda, I guess I'll have to have ANA contact them so they don't give up my room for the remaining 2 nights (I'll be spending 3 there). I'm sure they'll put me on the first available flight out the next morning.
Wow, that sounds tough. But ANA contact them? You mean due to language barrier?

Sounds like I would have to have JAL call Toyoko Inn then if the flight is delayed for very long or cancelled.

I read the new cancellation policies of Toyoko Inn and apparently a 100 % fee of the daily rate is to be paid if cancelled after 16:00, before it was 50 % I think until 22:00.

It's a bit bad if I would have to cancel the room for one night because the flight is cancelled...
by Hoy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn late arrival policy? 2018/4/12 04:08
Hoy, yes, I would ask ANA to contact them due to the language barrier and also as a courtesy of the airline to help me, their customer, who has been inconvenienced by their delay.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread