Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Didnft get residence card at airport 2018/4/12 13:13
Hi!

I just arrived at Narita airport on a working holiday visa. However, I wasnft given a residence card. I have no idea why and I was too tired to notice and ask about it. I need one for my phone contract and various other things. What should I do to get one?

Thank you!
by Josa (guest)  

Re: Didnft get residence card at airport 2018/4/12 17:11
@mods: This should be in "Living".

I have read that the immigration booths at Narita were hugely congested; maybe they decided to stop issuing residence cards at the airport to relieve some of the pressure. I suppose you'll get it in the mail after completing the move-in procedures at your municipality office, like those who enter from smaller airports.

What does your landing permission sticker say? Did the officer attach anything else in your passport besides the landing permission?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Didnft get residence card at airport 2018/4/12 19:05
Apparently they only put in a landing permission that says temporary visitor for 90 days... my valid visa is still in there of course.
by Josa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Didnft get residence card at airport 2018/4/12 19:19
There has been a mistake then; the officer thought you were entering visa-free, maybe he or she didn't notice your visa. Go to the nearest immigration office (preferably one in charge of the area where you intend to leave) to explain the situation and see what they say.

Re: Didnft get residence card at airport 2018/4/12 19:20
("Live", not "leave", of course.)

Re: Didnft get residence card at airport 2018/4/13 10:08
Ok, I will try that. Thank you very much!
by Josa (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread