Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Leaving Japan and re-enter Japan 90 Days 2018/4/14 00:43
In a few months, I will be heading to Japan. I have an American passport, so going to Japan is 90 days visa free. My primary intention is to go to travel and part time study at a language school for three months (Arrive July). But during the holidays, I plan to visit Korea or Thailand for a short trip. Then come back to Japan again to finish my school that will ends in September, then flies out to other Asian Country before heading back to the US.

What are the chances of Japanese custom letting me through to Japan one more time? Or do they expect you to stay only one period? I will arrive July 5th, I plan to go on a short trip from July 14-17 during Japan's holiday. Then come back on the July 17-18. Or I will go on August 11-13 and come back August 13-14th.

What would be my best option here? I already purchased all my ticket and have just decided recently that I would like to travel to one more country during my stay in Japan. Since every other flight is after the language school program ends.
by zxcvb0987  

Re: Leaving Japan and reEnter Japan 90 Days 2018/4/14 16:42
I doubt you will have any problem. If you have a clean passport, a real reason to be going into Japan, a legitimate address plus your communication with the language school you are attending, I don't see any problem. Back in 2008 I came and went to Japan 5 times in a year, as I was supervising the opening of an export office, and I always went in with my accommodation address (it was a serviced apartment, and phonenumber) and Immigration and Customs never hassled at all.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving Japan and reEnter Japan 90 Days 2018/4/14 17:39
Yeah, doesnft sound likely that youfll have any problems.
In 2014 I cane to Japan in October, stayed about 3 weeks, then went to Mexico for vacation, came back to Japan just for a few days and flew back mid November to Spain. And in January came back again to Japan on a tourist visa to attend a Japanese language school.

Also this year I have already been twice to Japan and plan to come at least and other two times and would be very surprised if there were any problems.

Enjoy your mini life in Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving Japan and re-enter Japan 90 Days 2018/4/15 19:34
About 100% chance of no issue.
You have legitimate travel plans.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread