Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is there any place a 16/17 can stay in japan 2018/4/17 07:00
I once lived in Japan for six months with a host family. I would like to go back and visit them and my friends. They live far out from the City ...but when I arrive I have to stay in Tokyo for a week or so and I also have to return to Tokyo and stay there for a few days is there anything Like airbnb but for younger people
by shellik (guest)  

Re: Is there any place a 16/17 can stay in japan 2018/4/17 12:58
The age of majority is 20 in Japan. I would suggest contacting hotels and other accommodations to see if they will accept someone your age. I would not recommend AirBnB as a young solo traveller - it will be hard to get assistance if you need it. Pick somewhere with a concierge/reception desk.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is there any place a 16/17 can stay in japan 2018/4/17 17:46
I would wait until you are 18yo. It can be done earlier, but lots of little hassles are avoided when over 18yo.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Is there any place a 16/17 can stay in japan 2018/4/17 17:53
Why not ask your host family for assistance. If they can make the arrangements for you, it may be possible.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread