Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama kurobe option ticket 2018/4/18 11:34
I wonder the tateyama kurobe option ticket will it be sold out if I purchase the ticket just 2 days before the trip? If I am not wrong, there seems to be a few ticket offices in Tokyo stn. I can only purchase the tateyama kurobe option ticket at the JR EAST Travel Service Center (Marunouchi North Exit)?
by LY (guest)  

Re: Tateyama kurobe option ticket 2018/4/18 14:07
Basically Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket is not sold out because no limited number is set for sales.
Please be careful that you cannot purchase this ticket on the day of your departure.

This discount ticket does not guarantee chances of your rides; if you plan to go through the Alpine Route in one day and crowdedness is expected, you had better start very early in the morning.

I can only purchase the Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket at the JR EAST Travel Service Center (Marunouchi North Exit)?

In Tokyo Station, that service Center is the only sales location.

- Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket
http://jrtateyama.com/e/

This 5-day one-way discount ticket can be used in one of the two directions; you can start from either the Nagano side or the Toyama side.

When will you travel?
Where will you stay on each side?
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama kurobe option ticket 2018/4/18 15:35
omotenashi thanks for the info. I will be travelling to the Alpine route during weekdays after the golden week. I will start from Nagano and stay a night in toyama.
by wanderlast rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama kurobe option ticket 2018/4/18 16:30
I have another question. After I purchased the the Tateyama Option Ticket from Tokyo. From what I understand, this ticket covers the express bus from nagano stn to Ogizawa. How do I start using the ticket? Do I just show the ticket to the driver when boarding the express bus or I need to exchange the ticket for a bus ride ticket?

Re: Tateyama kurobe option ticket 2018/4/19 15:55
Hopefully someone can share their experience if needed to exchange for any ticket before using the option ticket for taking the express bus from nagano to Ogizawa?

reply to this thread