Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JRpass registration 2018/4/19 01:58
Hello,

I'm coming to Japan in autumn 2018 with the group of people. We want to buy JRpass. Can I register my pass somewhere in Tokyo station, not airport? Should I take with me passports for registration ? My question is, if we have early shinkansen train, I suppose I need to register those JR passes the day in advance? And can I do it just in Tokyo station or I need to go to some special office?

Hope it wasn't confused :)
by Ginger1Girl  

Re: JRpass registration 2018/4/19 10:27
If you read the JR Pass section of this website, or even Google, you would find the answers you want very easily.

Yes, you can activate (it's not a registration) your JR Passes in Tokyo Station. You need to go to the JR ticket office to do so. I would advise doing it the day before if you plan to catch an early shinkansen, as the ticket office has certain hours (Google to find them) and there could be a queue.

Yes, you need your passport; since JR Passes are only available to tourists, the person exchanging the Pass needs to check that you are visiting as a tourist.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JRpass registration 2018/4/19 13:32
You must always have your passport with you anyway.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: JRpass registration 2018/4/19 14:45
Thank you very much for your kind response. I appreciate it :)
Then I will activate them the day before on Tokyo station.
by Ginger1Girl rate this post as useful

Re: JRpass registration 2018/4/19 15:05
Let me just repeat @Firas's point. As a visitor you need to have your passport with you at all times. I have never been asked to show it but still. Have a great trip. https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+156236
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread