Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo during Golden Week 2018/4/22 01:25
We will arrive in Tokyo next week Sunday and spend two days in the city before starting our itinerary and then coming back to Tokyo for three dayscobviously the first two days clash with Golden Week and I was wondering if anyone could provide tipps how to enjoy Tokyo during the busy days – like can you recommend some „not–touristyg places since we can do these things when we come back to the city!
by vanegg  

Re: Tokyo during Golden Week 2018/4/22 18:36
Many places will be crowded in Golden Week, but I think places with relatively large place are not so crowded, such as Shinjuku Gyoen, Koishikawa Korakuen and Hama Rikyu. Akasaka Rikyu (State Guest House Akasaka Palace) accept online reservation and there seem to be vacancy.

https://www.geihinkan.go.jp/en/akasaka/
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo during Golden Week 2018/4/22 19:42

I was in Tokyo during the Golden week last year, did not notice if it was exceptionally crowded. Tokyo has always been busy, especially with the influx of additional overseas tourists over the last few years. Just be prepared for crowds, "The greater Tokyo metropolitan area" has over 30 million people, enjoy the visit!
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo during Golden Week 2018/4/22 21:11
Well, we residents enjoy walking in our tiny neighborhoods when we want to avoid the holiday crowd. Is this your first time in Japan? What part of Tokyo are are you staying at? Where would be your nearest station, for example? Maybe someone can give you tips on less crowded places to visit and spend your time at.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread