Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fukuoka International terminal to downtown 2018/4/22 10:27
Dear all,
My wife and I plan to visit Fukuoka around the end of November 2018. We will carrying 3 large suitcases. If I understand correctly, there is no airport limousine bus service.
What is the best way of transportation ? perhaps taxi is the best way?
Thank you for every answer.
by Art (guest)  

Re: Fukuoka International terminal to downtown 2018/4/22 16:51
Subway
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka International terminal to downtown 2018/4/22 17:04
It depends where in downtown Fukuoka you want to go. Contrary to your understanding, there are airport buses which connect Fukuoka's international terminal with various places around the city:
http://www.fuk-ab.co.jp/english/bus2.html

And contrary to hakata14's suggestion, the subway is not necessarily that convenient of an option for people using the international terminal - especially if they have lots of luggage - because it is located another shuttle bus' ride away from the subway station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka International terminal to downtown 2018/4/22 18:23
Correct me if I am wrong:

there are airport buses which connect Fukuoka's international terminal with various places around the city

These buses are ordinary city bus and don't have "trunk room" so if the OP have 3 large suitcases they are not appropriate. As the OP said, taxi is the best solution I think. It will be around 1000 yen, and within 2000 yen for the maximum.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka International terminal to downtown 2018/4/22 21:28
Mr Frog, you are not wrong - there is no place to stow your luggage on the those buses.
by Green Tea Latte rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka International terminal to downtown 2018/4/26 15:15
A taxi from the International terminal to Hakata station was about Y1500 the last time I took it. With all the luggage it would be the easiest way.

If you want to take the subway into town, you have to take the free airport shuttle bus from the international terminal to the domestic terminals on the other side of the airport which takes about 15-20 minutes. From there, the subway is at the north end by T1. You can get to Meinohama, the end of the line, for about Y360/person or Hakata Station, 2 stops, for about Y260. Tenjin is also about Y260.

I assume you're heading to a hotel and it would depend on its location. If you're staying around Nakasu or Tenjin, the taxi ride will be Y500-Y1000 further than the station.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka International terminal to downtown 2018/4/26 16:04
Taxi would probably be best, and won't cost a fortune since the airport is so close to downtown.
by vlumi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread