Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Return to Japan after graduation 2018/4/22 16:21
Hello!

I would like to ask a few questions regarding returning to Japan after graduation from a Japanese University.

I used to be studying in a Japanese Univ and just graduated last September. However, because I transferred from a research student program midway to Master course in a Japanese university, I graduated one semester earlier than the supposed schedule. The result is that I still have 9 months before my alien card expires, by the time of my graduation.

I returned to my country by the end of October after having my graduation trip around Japan. However, before I left, my prof asked me if I can return within a year to Japan in order to finish a paper. And I agreed.

So, when I left Japan, I ticked the choice that I will return back to Japan in the special re-permit entry in assumption that I still have time until July 2018 before my visa expires.

The problem is that I just recently I realized that a student visa can be revoked if the holder is not engaged in any permitted activity for more than 90days. Since I believe that my university had reported the immigration regarding my graduation, does it mean that I wonft be able to use my old alien card to enter Japan, and have to make a new visa to meet my professor in Japan?

Thankyou for your response in advance.
by R. A. Lim (guest)  

Re: Return to Japan after graduation 2018/4/22 17:28
Here you'll merely get non-binding opinions of people who are not qualified to make such a decision.

I'd strongly suggest contacting the closest Japanese embassy for information that you can rely on.
Tell them your situation, and they'll help you do the correct thing.

by Go Iken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Return to Japan after graduation 2018/4/22 18:07
The embassy isn't qualified to make decisions on immigration matters either, FYI. The embassies and the immigration bureau are completely separate entities, which are not even under the same ministry.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Return to Japan after graduation 2018/4/22 21:56
Thankyou for the response.

I am trying to contact the local embassy currently as well. However because the place is actually very far from where I reside, Ifm looking for oppinions or maybe experiences from other people here in the forum.
by R. A. Lim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread