Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yodobashi Camera Osaka return issue 2018/4/23 16:42
Bought what i thought was a sony e mount lens from Yodabashi umeda Osaka yesterday, I even had the clerk take the display lens out and test it on the sony body i have in the store to make sure it was the correct one, he went to the back to get me one, i paid for it and took it out the store, when i got back to my hotel tried it on my camera and he had given me the wrong one, he gave me a canon mount one instead of a sony one, i went in with it in the box with receipt today to have them exchange it, they said they dont have my one in stock, so i asked for a refund but they said they dont offer refunds, I usually wouldn't be that bothered, but this was totally at the fault of the clerk. it wasn't even a communication issue. What shall i do?
by ELLIOTT INGHAM (guest)  

Re: Yodobashi Camera Osaka return issue 2018/4/24 06:22
Why don't you wait until it's in stock? They'll happily order the right one.
If you can't because you have to go home, it's your situation, not theirs.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yodobashi Camera Osaka return issue 2018/4/24 09:10
Do you have to return it to the same store? There are lots of Yodobashi Cameras; maybe another store has it in stock. Can the store provide an exchange voucher/store credit instead of a refund?
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yodobashi Camera Osaka return issue 2018/4/24 10:00
I know that many stores have no-return/no-refund policy, but in your situation the policy should not apply. Because THEY made the mistake of handing you the wrong mount lens. You need to talk to the store manager, not just the sales clerk.
by missutta (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yodobashi Camera Osaka return issue 2018/4/24 10:04
Hi Elliot,
Trying to help you out, I returned a couple of things at the Yodobashi Camera store in Umeda before. I went to the same section and explained to them why and what was the reason. For your case, I would try to look for the same employee who helped you, if not a manager. Don't know if you can talk Japanese, or they might have a English speaking staff, tell them what happened. Bring your camera to show them too.
They have a return policy on their homepage, but it's all in Japanese, here's the link:
https://www.yodobashi.com/ec/support/afterservice/return_exchange/inde...
I know it says unopened items, but it wasn't your fault.
Hope this helps.
KylOsaka
by KylOsaka (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yodobashi Camera Osaka return issue 2018/4/24 10:16
The information on yodobashi.com is only for purchases made on yodobashi.com, not at physical stores.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread