Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai-Hokuriku Area Pass 2018/4/23 18:10
Hi, I will like to check if it is advisable to get the Kansai-Hokuriku Area Pass or other pass ?
I will be travelling as follows:-
Day 1 - Kansai Airport to Kyoto
Day 2 & 3 - Kyoto
Day 4 - Kyoto to Toyama
Day 5 - Shinano Omachi to Matsumoto
Day 6 - Matsumoto to Osaka
Day 7 - Nara
Day 8 - Osaka
Day 9 - Osaka to Kansai airport

Thank you.
by JT (guest)  

Re: Kansai-Hokuriku Area Pass 2018/4/24 07:23
I'm guessing you wanna use it for the first seven days?

I haven't added it up. But since there is near zero shinkansen travel, and part of you travels is non JR, I'm doubtful it will pay off.

You can however put your trips into hyperdia.com and see if you JR travels do add up to the cost of the pass.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai-Hokuriku Area Pass 2018/4/24 07:27
Some of your travel also are not covered by the Kansai Hokuriku Pass, The Hokuriku Arch Pass is probably better suited. Again use hyperdia to calculate if the pass is worth it.

http://hokuriku-arch-pass.com/en/
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai-Hokuriku Area Pass 2018/4/24 10:54
The Hokuriku Arch Pass does not cover Matsumoto; especially to go from Matsumoto to Osaka you'd first have to pay your way to Nagano, then go the roundabout way through Kanazawa...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai-Hokuriku Area Pass 2018/4/24 21:44
Are you planning to go through the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route? If so, consider Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Ticket.

https://www.westjr.co.jp/press/article/items/180309_00_arupen.pdf

I can't find English page, but I believe you can purchase it at major train stations such as Kyoto. The price from Kyoto to Toyama (Alpine route) Shinano-Omachi to Matsumoto to Kyoto is 25750 yen. This ticket includes Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route where you can ride the train/cable-car/bus/ropeway etc unlimitedly.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread