Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

SHS in Japan 2018/4/24 12:28
Hi, I'm 16 and a tenth grade completer from an international school in the Philippines. I can speak and understand English since I went to an international school that focuses more on the English language rather than Filipino. I am currently living with my relatives in Nagoya, specifically in Takahama. May I ask if I can enroll in senior high school as an eleventh grader despite the difference of the educational system in Philippines and Japan? I am really into art schools that focuses more on painting, drawing, photography, and film making. Thank you!
by Ai (guest)  

Re: SHS in Japan 2018/4/24 20:16
Ask the relevant authorities; the relevant board of education for public schools, or the schools themselves for private ones.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: SHS in Japan 2018/4/25 00:28
I agree with Firas. And just to add, since SHS in Japan is not compulsory education, everyone needs to take an entrance exam of some kind to enroll in a school. Most schools offer exams only in Japanese, since the classes are provided only in Japanese anyway.

But there are indeed international high schools in Japan too where they provide classes in English. If you can afford them, perhaps it's best to try to enroll in one of those.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread