Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What order should I visit the regions 2018/4/25 00:19
Hi, I will be Japan early June. The First 4 nights will be in Tokyo (day trip to Nikko), After that Ifm torn about the order of visiting the following after Tokyo: Osaka 2 nights (with day trip to Nara), Kiso Valley 2 nights (first night in Magome and walk the 8km Nakasendo way the next day and spend second night in Tsumago), Kyoto 4 nights with day trips (any suggestions?), Kanawaza/Takayama/Shirakawago/Gokayama 2nights (Should I rent a car?) and finally Hakone 1 night. I have a total 16 nights to my disposal and Ifm also interested in perhaps Yamanouchi and Mt. Koyasan (but donft need to incorporate these places, only if time permits). Please HELP as to the practical order I should visit these regions and the best form of transportation. Thank goodness for this site, itfs been so helpful! Would probably be buying the 14 day pass unless I can get away with the one week pass due to order of region explorations. Thank you!!!
by adrianadb  

Re: What order should I visit the regions 2018/4/25 12:42
14 day JR pass will be a waste of money unless you travel further afield.
by yeah but no (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What order should I visit the regions 2018/4/25 13:36
Tokyo - Osaka - Kiso Valley - Kyoto is odd, and involves backtracking. I would do Tokyo - Kiso Valley - Osaka/Kyoto (they are close together, so no need to book separate hotels - stay in one and daytrip to the other).

Look at a map and plot your desired destinations on it. Then work out a sensible route.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What order should I visit the regions 2018/4/25 14:04
Tokyo
Kiso Valley area
Osaka/Kyoto
Kanazawa/Takayama area
Tokyo

No JR pass will be suitable for this trip.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: What order should I visit the regions 2018/4/25 19:55
Asking the obvious - with limited time why two large cities (ie adding Osaka in addition to Tokyo)? If you like modern cities of have something specific/must see, then go to Osaka, if you want something different (as suggested by your locaitons), drop Osaka and concentrate on Kyoto for that part.

(and, yes, the 14 day pass isn't your best option)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: What order should I visit the regions 2018/4/25 20:08
Thank you all for your responses, but now Ifm a bit confused about the JR. doesnft the JR take me to most of these places? Also, was hoping to go from Kiso valley area to the Taka/Kanawaza region or vice versa, is that not a good order? If not the JR pass, then what would be my best option? Thanks again everyone. Was thinking of spending the night Osaka just to experience the food scene.
by adrianadb rate this post as useful

Re: What order should I visit the regions 2018/4/25 20:08
Thank you all for your responses, but now Ifm a bit confused about the JR. doesnft the JR take me to most of these places? Also, was hoping to go from Kiso valley area to the Taka/Kanawaza region or vice versa, is that not a good order? If not the JR pass, then what would be my best option? Thanks again everyone. Was thinking of spending the night Osaka just to experience the food scene.
by adrianadb rate this post as useful

reply to this thread