Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel to conference venue 2018/4/25 16:29
hi all,

i will be travelling solo to yokohama japan for a conference (26-30 june 2018)
the conference venue: royal park hotel, yokohama

and the option given by organizer is to stay at yokohama Heiwa Plaza Hotel (about 1km from the conference venue) according to my budget.

so, my question is.. whats the best option to travel back n forth these 2 places as i will carrying my laptop with me..
besides, is there any affordable hotels/homestay/room - walking distance from the conf venue for 1 pax ?

thank you.
by haner (guest)  

Re: Hotel to conference venue 2018/4/25 20:12
I'd say walking. It should be at most 15 minutes or so. And this is in the reasonably priced "business hotel" range, I'd say. Try if you can get a single room at that hotel?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel to conference venue 2018/4/25 20:35
thank you for your feedback..

walking for 15mins with laptop and other stuffs... will be a bit hassle for me..
is there any bus or train that i can use?

the hotel only provide twin sharing and the price is totally out of my budget.
by haner (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel to conference venue 2018/4/25 23:45
do a check on google map.
there are few business hotel around the area to choose.
take a bus or train to Sakuragicho station and walk from there.
or just grab a taxi.
by @.., (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel to conference venue 2018/4/25 23:52
Heiwa Plaza is very close to Bashamichi train station which is the next stop from Minatomirai station which Royal Park is connected to.

But the Landmark Tower, which Royal Park and Minatomirai station is located at, is a huge building. So walking from Royal Park to Minatomirai Stn. is almost like walking from Royal Park to Heiwa Plaza (which is toward the opposite direction). People who don't want to walk would fetch a taxi at each hotel.

How about Hotel Terrace? It's much closer to Royal Park (same distance as walking to the Minatomirai station platform, except that there will be no roof for half of the walk) and slightly cheaper, but still, walking is your best option to get there.
https://www.tripadvisor.jp/Hotel_Review-g298173-d558086-Reviews-Hotel_...

If walking is the least thing you want to do, how about Fresa Inn or Toyoko Inn, both right in front of Bashamichi station? These hotels are also closer to the big road, so it's also possible to ride bus there. But in fact, you still need to walk from the bus stops almost as much as you do from the train platforms.

The advantage of traveling from Bashamichi Stn. to Royal Park is that you can keep yourself under an air-conditioned and roofed area all the way through, which is a great advantage during the June rainy season.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel to conference venue 2018/4/26 00:55
Your closest train station to the hotel (Sakuragicho) is also the closest one to the conference venue. That's the one that most people would get off at to visit the Landmark tower area (where the conference is).

1km is considered by most to be an easy walking distance. Should be 10-12 minutes at normal pace. If you are concerned about things to carry, use a roller bag. The good news is that the last 1/3 of the trip into Landmark Tower from that side is on covered raised walkways with moving sidewalk, and the middle third is a big open courtyard near the station with no vehicle traffic. So it's an easy and pleasant walk.

Your only real option for a quicker trip is taxi, and it won't be that much quicker.

by me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel to conference venue 2018/6/3 15:09
thank you for the kind feedback.

So, which option should i go after?

Option A : Toyoko Inn - nearby bashamichi Station - exit at Minotamirai St
Option B : Breezbay Hotel Resort & Spa - nearby Sakuragichō Station

Which option is the best and also does provide covered walking pathway?

by haner (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel to conference venue 2018/6/4 00:07
Here is access for A
https://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/search/detail/00050/access

and access for B (be sure to scroll down for photos)
http://www.breezbay.co.jp/access/index.html

As you can see, you can stay under a roof for most of access B. The basement path connects to Sakuragicho station. From the station it's literally 5 footsteps to the Colette Mare (コレットマーレ) mall. From the mall, it's literally 5 footsteps to the Landmark Tower (ランドマークタワー) escalator which connects to an automatic walkway up to the Tower entrance door. Check it out on Google Street View.
https://www.google.co.jp/maps/@35.4515445,139.6312855,3a,75y,11.77h,10...

So considering the risk of rain, I would suggest Breezbay as opposed to Toyoko Inn. And like another poster suggested, you should carry your things in a stroller.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread