Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Blood donation in Nagoya-English friendly? 2018/4/27 10:23
Hi,
I would like to ask (especially those living in Nagoya), if there is any English language friendly place in Nagoya, where I could donate blood.
I've checked the Japanese Red Cross and few other pages and from what I could gather, I seem to pass all the requirements for donating blood (no HIV, no drugs/illegal substances, no tattoo, no "mentioned countries" visits,...). The other info i've got is, that before donating blood, one would need to fill a questionnaire which is, however, completely in Japanese. I have found Japanese language original and few older translations, but they seem to differ a lot. And Google translate is not the way I would like to go in such case. Since my Japanese reading and speaking ability is somehow limited, i'm searching for the "english language friendly place". At least for the first visit during which I'll have to fill any kind of papers.
I am not interested in making any money or any other advantages. I have my reasons why I would like to volunteer.
Visa and medical insurance is no problem, I've got those. Yes, I tried contacting JRC already, but no info from them.
by kimchiotaku  

Re: Blood donation in Nagoya-English friendly? 2018/4/27 12:54
Here is a good read and docs translation with regards to blood donation in Japan.

https://ajet.net/community/volunteering-charity/donating-blood-in-japa...
by @... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Blood donation in Nagoya-English friendly? 2018/4/27 14:14
Thank you. I am aware of this site, however it is what I have mentioned previously - some documents are outdated in comparison with the current, Japanese language one. That page also points to JRC, which I have contacted but no reply since. And the places which the JRC page is directing are without any contact info or at least info about other language at that certain place.
So I was hoping if someone from Nagoya does actually know a place where English would be no problem (something like ハローワーク offices where it's possible to fill papers in English and then translating them into Japanese).
by kimchiotaku rate this post as useful

Re: Blood donation in Nagoya-English friendly? 2018/4/27 18:08
The Japan Red Cross donation buses and their fixed location donation sites all have an English questionnaire that they use for those without sufficient Japanese language skills. I used them myself, years ago.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread