Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Major in Japanese 2018/4/28 12:06
I am an IT major, who wants to move to Japan, at least temporarily, maybe permanently, after I get my masters, however I was wondering if there would be a benefit to getting a double major in Japanese with my IT degree?

It would take me only 1 extra semester , maybe 2 if I'm unlucky, so I only want to get it if it would actually have an effect on getting an IT job in Japan.

Also, I was curious as to if there are many IT jobs located in areas other than Tokyo for foreigners.

Thank you!

by Ken (guest)  

Re: Major in Japanese 2018/4/28 15:52
If you have the time and money, I'd strongly recommend spending that extra semester studying Japanese full-time at a language school in Japan rather than taking courses in your home country. You will end up learning far more Japanese.

And in my experience, almost all engineering jobs open to foreigners are in Tokyo, although of course there may be a few exceptions.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

reply to this thread