Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3D2N to Hakone, Gotemba and Kawaguchiko 2018/4/28 13:23
Dear all,

I am new here. Am planning to visit tokyo in Nov 18 and part of my trip, will be visiting Hakone and stop over at Gotemba before heading to Kawaguchiko. Had read a numbers of blogs and website. Basically, I intend to do this:

Day 1: Early morning, depart from Shinjuku to Hakone via Romance Car. Upon reaching Hakone-Yumoto Station, will proceed to the hotel (not confirm yet) before heading out to explore Hakone.
My planned itinerary as below:
Day 1:
1. Hakone-Yumoto to Gora (via Hakone Tozan Railway)
• Hot Springs and Hakone Open Air Musuem are located along its routes.
2. Gora to Sounzan (via Hakone Tozan Cable Car)
• Hakone Art Museum and Gora Park are located in Gora along the cablecar route.
3. Sounzan to Togendai (via Hakone Ropeway)
• Nice view of Mt Fuji. A transfer of ropeways is required at Owakudani, where travellers can observe volcanic activities.
4. Togendai to Hakone-machi (via Hakone Sightseeing Boat)
• Nice view of Lake Ashi, the surrounding wooded mountain and Mt Fuji can be enjoyed from the pirate ship boats when visibility is good.
5. Hakone-machi to Moto-Hakone (by foot)
• Checkpoint Musuem, Detached Garden and Ancient Cedar Avenue are located along the attractive walk from Hakone-Mochi to Moto-Hakone. Can also continue Moto-Hakone by boat or bus.
6. Moto-Hakone to Hakone- Yumoto to go back Hotel (via Hakone Tozan Bus, Line H or K)
• Hakone Shrine in Moto-Hakone and possibly with a stop at Yunessun along Bus Line H. Alternatively, walk a section of Old Tokaido and catch bus from Anazake Chaya or Harajuku back to Yumoto (by Bus Line K)

Day 2:
1. Check out from the Hotel and proceed to take a bus to Gotemba. Shop at Gotemba Premium outlets and have lunch before heading to Kawaguchiko.
2. From Kawaguchiko station, take the free shuttle to the Ryokan (intend to book Konansou)
3. After putting out lugguage, explore Kawaguchiko. Plan to go Arakurayama Sengen Park and take boat ride and ropeway (not really firm yet).
4. Go back Ryokan for our dinner and relax in the Ryokan.

Day 3:
1. Check out from the Ryokan and continue to explore Kawaguchiko before taking highway bus from Kawaguchiko back to Shinjuku.

Question to seek advise:
1. Is my itinerary feasible? Any advises or suggestions?
2. Any recommended Hotel to stay in Hakone which is not too expensive but quite ok?
3. I intend to purchase Fuji Hakone pass with Romance Car. Is this worth?
4. For the return trip from Kawaguchiko Station back to Shinjuku, does Fuji Hakone pass cover this trip or do I need to pay extra?
by jeannnie29  

Re: 3D2N to Hakone, Gotemba and Kawaguchiko 2018/4/28 15:13
- On day 1, I can't tell how many of the attractions (museums and parks) you want to stop over at along the way.If you stop at all of them of course it would be impossible to cover all. After doing almost the full round course AND then stopping at Yunessun in one day sounds too much. Note that crowds might delay travel within Hakone, and there will be waiting time for boats, buses and trains. Also note the dinner time at your hotel/ryokan.

- Day 2: Arakurayama Sengen Park is near a different station from Kawaguchiko station, so I would either stop over at the park before you proceed to Kawaguchiko, OR, you can go straight to Kawaguchiko (it will already be in the afternoon) and do the boat and the ropeway that afternoon, leaving the Arakurayama for the next morning. Please look at the map carefully.

Also note the sunset time at that time of the year and also the dinner time at your hotel/ryokan.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread