Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel Itinerary 2018/4/28 22:28
Me and my best friend are going to Japan for the first time in July. We will have 11 days in mainland Japan, arriving in HND, and departing from KIX. We are planning on spending seven days in the
Tokyo region (one day in Yokohama, and some other small side trips), a day in Hakone, and the remaining time in Kyoto. Are there any other places we need to see? Are Osaka or Nagoya worth a visit? We won't have a JR Pass because they are somewhat expensive. Thanks a lot for your input and ideas.
by Jared (guest)  

Re: Travel Itinerary 2018/4/29 10:30
We can't tell you if YOU will find something worthwhile. You need to figure that out for yourself with research. Don't try to pack in too much, though; with only 11 days, Tokyo, Hakone and Kansai is plenty. I would do Tokyo (5 days) - Hakone (overnight stay) - Kansai (5 days; stay in either Kyoto or Osaka; day trip to Nara).

You might think a JR Pass is expensive, but if you plan to take the shinkansen it can save you a lot of money and also be more convenient than buying single tickets. If you do Tokyo-Hakone-Kansai-Tokyo within 7 days (must return to Tokyo), a 7-day JR Pass would pay off. However, there are cheaper travel options, such as overnight buses.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel Itinerary 2018/4/29 15:12
Agree with PP about not adding additional destinations. Also no overnight stop at Yokohama is needed as it is close.

Regarding the JR pass as you enter from Haneda and leave from KIX it will not pay off for this itinerary.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread