Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nakashibetsu Airport to Utoro/Rausu in May 2018/4/29 18:14
I will be arriving at Nakashibetsu Airport from 4 to 8 May and would like to take public transport to Utoro/Rausu.

I found out that the Utoro‒Nakashibetsu Airport‒Rausu Bus route by the East Hokkaido Express is closed. May I know if there are any other public buses that ply along that route. Taxis will be too expensive for me.

Appreciate any reply. Thank you very much.

by Doggo123  

Re: Nakashibetsu Airport to Utoro/Rausu in May 2018/4/30 15:52
Correct me if I am wrong. The bus between Rausu and Utoro will not run until 9th June. So if you want go from Rausu to Utoro without taking taxi you will need to go to Shibecha by bus and then train to Shiretoko-shari and then bus to Utoro. Anyway, if you want to go to Utoro from Nakashibetsu Airport, again you must go through Shibecha which will take, maybe 5 hours or so depending on the actual time.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Nakashibetsu Airport to Utoro/Rausu in May 2018/5/4 18:29
Thank you for your reply. We arrived at Rausu taking the Akan bus from Nakashibetsu bus terminal. The journey took 1.5 hrs but we arrived at the Rausu bus office at 5.15 and the Sheritoko Pass has closed by then. The pass opens at 9am tomorrow so we have to stay 1 night in Rausu. The reception staff at the bus office went all the way out to help us look for a room as the whole area was pretty booked out.

For future travellers please note that the shiretoko pass does not stay open 24 hrs even though they are open after 27 April.

by Doggo123 rate this post as useful

Re: Nakashibetsu Airport to Utoro/Rausu in May 2018/5/5 18:08

We did a trip in this region last year, would not recommend public transport, a rental car would be the best option. You may want to consider.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread