Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sapporo Snow Festival Accomodation Tips 2018/5/1 03:28
So I'm planning for a trip to Hokkaido next year to visit the 2019 Sapporo Snow Festival. When I read some blogs, they said that on that dates (early Feb) the accommodations (hotel and/or Airbnb) will be quickly booked. What I want to ask is, when is the right time to plan the accommodations for such big festival?
by AeroHollister  

Re: Sapporo Snow Festival Accomodation Tips 2018/5/1 14:20

My experience, hotel reservation was done 6 months in advance.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo Snow Festival Accomodation Tips 2018/5/18 12:17
I travelled to Sapporo during the 2017 Snow Festival. When I tried to book hotels on Booking in October 2016, 99% percent of the hotels are fully booked. But I managed to find vacant rooms on a Japanese hotel booking website.
by Cyrus (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo Snow Festival Accomodation Tips 2018/5/18 17:03
And be ready to pay 3x what that room normally costs.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo Snow Festival Accomodation Tips 2018/5/18 22:16

when is the right time to plan the accommodations for such big festival?
The sooner the better, no dilly-dallying. I reserved 6 months in advance when visiting the Sapporo Yuki-matsuri several years ago.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo Snow Festival Accomodation Tips 2018/5/19 17:31
I have been twice, in 2009 and 2015. Both times I was able to find a decent deal with reasonable notice. The first time I booked just days in advance and was on a budget, so had to stay in a airport hotel. But the train took around 30mins and the hotel was good, so no problems there. The second time over I booked a few months in advance, but was able to find a city center hotel at a price I would describe as normal Sapporo hotel price. All the JR hotels were booked by then and probably most other hotels too. In any case, I would not say I have had any problems.
by Humina (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread