Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sumo Tournament Tokyo - May 2018 2018/5/2 19:56
Hi,

Looking to get Sumo tickets for either 22nd or 23rd May - however looks like they are all sold out for those days, I thought I would be able to get some as they are weekday slots :(

Firstly, are some of the lower level arena seats still available on the day? Or are there any sites that still have available tickets I've been unable to find?

Secondly, if the above is not the case, I've seen there are General Admission prices and seating on some of the websites, do these often sell out?

Thanks in advance!
by EB1993  

Re: Sumo Tournament Tokyo - May 2018 2018/5/3 15:01
With Sumo's current popularity it is completely sold out. There will be some tickets for sale on the day but they will go fast. These are the detail from the Sumo Kyokai website:

[General admission seats]
*Arena-style general admission seat is sold at the Kokugikan Box Office from 7:45am, only on the day of the match.
*We have a limit for the ticket. Please buy the ticket before reaching the limit.
*The price of the Ticket for Adult is 2,200yen. The price of the Ticket for Children(age 4 to 15)is 200yen.
*The payment of the general admission seat is only by cash.
*As a general rule, Ticket is limited to one per person. When it is crowded, numbered ticket will be distributed.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo Tournament Tokyo - May 2018 2018/5/11 01:39
Thank you! We'll just have to try our luck on the day then :)
by EB1993 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread