Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Want to study in Japan 2018/5/4 01:08
Hello everyone !

I currently live in Germany and will finish Gymnasium by 2021 and receive my Abitur.

I want to go to any University in Tokyo and hopefully study computer science.

Now here is the problem.

I dont want to take an entrance exam / EJU since there is a chance of failure so that would mean I wasted a year.

I want to go to Japan the same year I finish school ( Gymnasium 2021 )

Can I get accepted by a University with just showing my Abitur ?

I am really serious and would appreciate any help

Also since im in a negative mood because of this topic, please dont be rude to me.

Wish you a nice day and appreciate your comment.
by Yuugen  

Re: Want to study in Japan 2018/5/4 12:54
No.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Want to study in Japan 2018/5/4 15:22
Sorry Yuugen @Firas is not being rude. This question gets asked quite often here and the answer is no.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Want to study in Japan 2018/5/4 17:44
Actually, the answer is yes.

Toyo University has an Information Networking (computer science) program in English, which does not require EJU. University of Aizu would also be worth checking out, as would Keio's GIGA program (at Shonan Fujisawa campus), or I believe Waseda have a program.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Want to study in Japan 2018/5/4 17:53
It's not just the EJU; OP does not want to take any entrance exam whatsoever.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Want to study in Japan 2018/5/4 18:14
@Firas,

I *think* by this he means a physical sit-down exam. If he wants to enter a program taught in Japanese, he would have to travel to Japan in order to take the exam, which as he points out, he may not pass.

For most English programs, the entrance exam is essentially a paper-screening, and perhaps an interview (by skype). So, not a traditional exam. Since he can submit his documents from overseas, no worries about failing.

But that's my reading of his position.

If, as you say, he means "don't have to take any type of test / evaluation whatsoever", then I agree with you.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

reply to this thread