Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's Double Room 2018/5/6 10:06
Would appreciate input from anyone who had stayed there in the Double Room.. TI website states a Double Bed to mean a Queen Bed, which should be 150cm... Can anyone confirm the Double Bed there is indeed this size? I tried looking at pictures and it seems smaller than 150cm Queen Bed.. Maybe it's just the angle of the pictures..?
A Twin Bedroom is harder to get and should give even lesser space.. I've stayed at this branch a couple of times, but in a Single Room. This time I'm going with my boyfriend.

I really don't like TI's new website, no longer as user friendly as their old one - Less photos and no more long term availability calendar.. ☹

Tq, Mel
by Melanie Putra  

Re: Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's Double Room 2018/5/6 17:54
double could be 120 or 140cm. on the toyoko inn website, then measurement/s are list in the room description.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's Double Room 2018/5/6 18:01

I have stayed in many Toyoko inns, I have noticed that Economy Double Room's bed is the same as the single bed in a single room. And a double bed in a double room is slightly bigger, more like a standard double, but not a Queen size.
I dislike the new website as well. Thought I was an odd one, glad to know am not the only one.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's Double Room 2018/5/6 18:25
I have stayed at about 30 different Toyoko Inn locations and always get a single. 90% of those, I would consider nearing a Queen bed in size in America, if this helps you any. I don't look at the room description to determine the size of the bed. I just usually get the cheapest one. Tow people can sleep in the beds I use.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's Double Room 2018/5/6 18:37

but not a Queen size.
Correction, I have just remembered some of the beds could actually be Queen size.
Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's could be one of them. If I recall correctly theirs double beds are wider than Toyoko inn Shinagawa's. I have stayed several times in both, Shijo Karasuma has always been my first choice whenever I visit Kyoto.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's Double Room 2018/5/6 18:38
2 if us aren’t exactly slender.. We’ll kill each other if it turns out to be smaller than a queen sized bed 🤪
Another grievance I have with my latter stays (4 times since beginning of last year) - Eco Room: No more every 3rd day cleaning.. they only allow alternate day non-cleaning. I think it still says on the website - Max 2 consecutive days..😳
Not sure across board or just at TI Shinjuku & Akiba Asakusabashi..
by Melanie Putra rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's Double Room 2018/5/6 19:40

I think 140cm W is standard double in Japan. If you two are unable to share this 140cm bed, you might want to opt for 2 singles, or try twin.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's Double Room 2018/5/7 00:33
We are used to 150cm (Queen). Guess 140cm is manageable 😝.
Twin room is tough to get..

Tq!
Mel

Re: Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's Double Room 2018/5/7 04:12
My experience is that different hotels - even different locations in the same hotel group- can have different sized “single” or “semi-double” beds.
All I can suggest is to check with the individual hotel - or take the website on trust and be prepared to cwtch up a little (lovely Welsh word that means huddle, in a loving, but not necessarily sexual, way).
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's Double Room 2018/5/7 19:37
I just asked a friend who stayed there few years ago whether she stayed in a double or single room. She recalls staying in a double with her partner and the bed being quite big, with coffee table and 2 chairs next to the window.. I had this type of room once in TI Susukino, Sapporo and it was great since I could put 2 luggage on the chair/table.. Now I am hoping all the double rooms in Shijo Karasuma are identical...

Re: Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's Double Room 2018/5/7 21:43
if you can read Japanese site,
it shows that double room has 160 cm bed.
160cmの大きなベッドとテーブルセットあり
unfortunately, English page does not mention bed size.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's Double Room 2018/5/7 21:46
No worries, just go ahead and book a double room. The booking in Japanese states clearly bed size is of 160cm wide with extra table and chair. If you don’t get one such bed configuration upon check-in, you can always clarify the Japanese wordings with the staff. Hope this helps.
by Michang (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's Double Room 2018/5/7 21:47
No worries, just go ahead and book a double room. The booking in Japanese states clearly bed size is of 160cm wide with extra table and chair. If you don’t get one such bed configuration upon check-in, you can always clarify the Japanese wordings with the staff. Hope this helps.
by Michang (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's Double Room 2018/5/7 22:08
Thanks so much for the clarification 😘

Re: Toyoko Inn Shijo Karasuma's Double Room 2018/5/8 00:03
Thanks so much for the clarification! 😘

reply to this thread