Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transfer at Shinimamiya station 2018/5/7 12:21
Hi everyone, I've been to Koyasan before, but it was 8 years ago, so I don't remember much about the layout of Shin-Imamiya station. We will be getting a World Heritage Pass from Nankai (not including the limited express) We will be travelling from Tennoji station Osaka loop line using JR pass to Shinimamiya. From there we will have 4 minutes to transfer to the Nankai Koya Line express for Gokurakubashi. I am concerned about the short transfer time from Shin-Imamiya to Gokurakubashi station. I looked up Hyperdia train timetable and you have only 4 mins to transfer. Do you think we can make it within 4 mins as it seems very short. Someone told me that I have to go to track 1 of Nankai railway shin Imamiya station, but it's still not clear about the distant from Osaka loop line at Shinimamiya station to track number 1 of Nankai railway.

Thanks
by pandy2026  

Re: Transfer at Shinimamiya station 2018/5/7 17:09
You don't need to follow the instruction of Hyperdia. There are many trains from Tennoji so you can take an earlier one (5-10 min earlier). You will have some time margin.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer at Shinimamiya station 2018/5/7 17:54
Thanks Frog, I got it. 😄
by pandy2026 rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer at Shinimamiya station 2018/5/7 22:00
if you ride on an express at Shin-Imamiya, you have very low chance to get a seat.
also, you need to have some time to buy world heritage pass at Shin-Imamiya station.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer at Shinimamiya station 2018/5/7 22:55
Hi Ken,

We'll be getting the world heritage pass a day or two before as we will be in Osaka for 4 days.
by pandy2026 rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer at Shinimamiya station 2018/5/8 12:56
You may refer to the video of ticket gates of Nankai Railway and JR as bellow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYEX9Zt-iUE
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread