Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Feedback itinerary 29 days September 2018/5/8 01:00
Hi, this September I'm traveling with a friend (both of us are in our 20's) to Japan between September 6'th to October 10'th.

We've constructed this plan: https://imgur.com/a/Q6LL19C

I would love to get some feedback:

1. Time allocated for each place.
2. Usee of the JR Pass (calculated this using an online calculator).
3. Where should we lodge, especially at the middle of the trip.
4. Anything else that comes to mind!
Thanks!
by alonm (guest)  

Re: Feedback itinerary 29 days September 2018/5/8 08:16
I wonder if a combination of the 5-day Kansai Hiroshima Area Pass for JPY13,500 for your 9/10/18 to 9/14/18 days, which allows use of all Nozomi and Mizuho trains as well (non-res.) AND a 7-day JR Pass for JPY29,110 the 9/18/18 to 9/24/18 portion as far as Shin-Fuji or Odawara. You may save about JPY4000 but that won't give you a return to Tokyo from Hakone or Kawaguchiko.

I am not very familiar with the passes issued by JR Tokai, so I don't know if any one of those would benefit you better than the 7-day JR Pass.

I don't know what mode of transport you are going to use from Osaka to Nara to Koyasan either. The Kansai-Hiroshima pass can help there as well.

Just a thought....
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Feedback itinerary 29 days September 2018/5/8 09:56
I would suggest moving Koyasan, Kyoto and Osaka days to the start of the itinerary, then using a 14 day JR pass to cover your Hiroshima and Chubu region movements, finishing in Hakone/Odawara. and buses to Fuji, and buses Fuji to Tokyo are not JR services.

Koyasan and Kyoto are not serviced well by JR services, hence the usage of private railway passes would be better. Same with Hakone and Fujisan.

So Osaka/Kyoto/Koyasan, then start 14 days pass, then Hakone, then Fuji, then Tokyo etc.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread