Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai airport to Koyasan transport 2018/5/9 21:38
Can anyone please advise me on getting the most direct and cheapest transport from Kansai airport in the morning to Koyasan please? I arrive on the eve of the 16th ( wed) and would like to be in Koyasan asap on the 17th, Thursday. Thanks
by irenelovesjapan  

Re: Kansai airport to Koyasan transport 2018/5/10 13:22
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4904.html

According to Google, if you leave Tengachaya station (suggest you stay near here....) 605am you'll be in Koyasan by 830.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai airport to Koyasan transport 2018/5/10 22:18
I think there is a bus that goes from Kansai airport to Kawachi Nagano station on the Nankai line.From Kawachi Nagano it is a short train ride to Koyasan. I have heard that the train line has been disrupted somewhat due to typhoon damage...whether or not is has been repaired by now, I do not know. You may have to change from the train to a bus somewhere around Hashimoto... Hopefully some kind person on the forum can give you more detailed info...
by dunit (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai airport to Koyasan transport 2018/5/11 07:18
If you stay around KIX and want to go to Koyasan next morning as early as possible, then ride earliest train to Tengachaya and transfer to train to Gokurakubashi. This seems to be detour on the map, but there is no direct bus at present so this is the fastest way, suggested by both Hyperdia and Navitime.

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=KANSAI%20AIRPOR...

If you take 5:45 train from Kansai Airport you will arrive Koyasan at 8:16.

You may want to buy Kansai Thru Pass which might be cheaper depending on your entire itinerary. The pass is sold at Nankai train station at KIX from 5:15 AM.

By the way there is bus to Kawachinagano which seems to be more direct on the map, but actually it will take more time and cost more.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread