Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

From Haneda to Shinjuku 2018/5/10 22:54
Hello
I am travelling from Hanaeda to Shinjuku and then on same day will go sight seeing around Tokyo, don't want to pack too much in though.
Is it best to buy single tickets or should I buy a day pass

Please advise of travel options from Hanaeda to Shinjuku and which day pass, if any, should I buy

THanks
by JJethwa  

Re: From Haneda to Shinjuku 2018/5/11 09:01
Take the Keikyu line for Haneda to Shinagawa for 410yen and then buy an IC card at Shinagawa for your ride to Shinjuku on the Yamanote line. Use that IC card for your short train rides within Tokyo. Day passes don't really pay off.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: From Haneda to Shinjuku 2018/5/11 10:47
How many days will you be in Tokyo and what sights do you want to see?
If you are there only one day, for example, then it does not make sense to even buy an IC Card.

But if all the sights are near subway stations, you may want to buy 24 hour (or 48 or 72 hr) subway pass (subway does not serve Haneda airport).
https://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/travel/index.html
by nani schteinen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Haneda to Shinjuku 2018/5/12 02:48
We are in Tokyo for just one day.
Not sure we will do all of this but will try:

Please advise whether i should get this card from shibuya, or a day pass etc

Shinjuku Park (beautiful park, next to hotel)
Shibuya zebra crossing
Harajuku (youth culture & fashion street)
Meiji Jingu shrine (near Harajuku station) near Yoyogi Park (entertaining park)- can take a stroll
Sensoji Temple

Dinner reservation Sougo 6-1-8 Roppongi Roppongi Green Building 3F, Minato-ku +81 3-5414-1133
(take train from Tochomae Station to Roppongi Station, then 5 min walk)

Zoetrope (whisky bar, 7-10-14 Nishi Shinjuku, 3rd floor, Gala building 4, Shinjuku 160-0023, Tokyo Prefecture)
by JJethwa rate this post as useful

Re: From Haneda to Shinjuku 2018/5/12 02:55
sorry i meant IC card, is it worth it for 1 day?
by JJethwa rate this post as useful

Re: From Haneda to Shinjuku 2018/5/12 03:16
After spending million yen ( including return Air Fare,Hotel cost), I came Japanese island,so why I stay Tokyo metropolis For 1 day.I prefer Greater Tokyo pass and explore whole Tokyo For 3 Days.It also cover Haneda to shinjuku station.
by Jessica (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Haneda to Shinjuku 2018/5/12 03:52
Are you leaving Japan after your one day in Tokyo?

Do you ever plan to go back to Japan?

I keep adding more funds to my IC cards each trip to Japan. It makes it convenient rather than having to calculate out each individual fare. So I am quite pleased with it. An IC card doesn't save you any money but it does make paying for train/subway fares more convenient.

I believe you can turn in your IC card when you leave Japan and get some money back, but I have only done it once about a decade ago because I had 3 IC cards. (JR East use to have a special with a NRT ticket+IC Card similar to what KIX now has.)
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: From Haneda to Shinjuku 2018/5/12 04:48
All 7 places you mentioned are close to subway stations, so I would consider getting a 24 hr subway pass. You will just need to pay from the airport to the nearest subway station (the easiest is probably Shinagawa, which you can go by taking the Keikyu Airport Line train). Buy the subway pass at the airport (not sold at subway stations).
by nani schteinen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Haneda to Shinjuku 2018/5/12 09:37
Many large department stores like Bic camera have the subway passes available, you need a passport to make the purchase.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: From Haneda to Shinjuku 2018/5/13 09:22
Hi there. You can get Pasmo or Suica for convenience. You can reuse it if you return for another trip. If you don't intend to comeback, you will be refunded anyway.
by Andrea (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: HND to Shinjuku, sightseeing around Tokyo 2018/5/13 12:47
Where is your Shinjuku hotel?

What is "Shinjuku Park"?
Is it Shinjuku Chuo Park, or maybe Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden?
Subway Tochomae Station is close to Shinjuku Chuo Park.

Sensoji Temple in Asakusa is away from your other destinations.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread