Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shimanami Kaido and Fuji-Q transportation 2018/5/12 23:07
I want to do the Shimanami Kaido bike trail in one day - leaving from Hiroshima and returning there.
Hyperdia shows very long drives and hefty prices even though they are very nearby. Is it true?

The same question - Fuji Q from Tokyo..

Thank you!
by osby  

Re: Shimanami Kaido and Fuji-Q transportation 2018/5/13 11:24
hefty prices even though they are very nearby.
??? See the Google Map again.
https://goo.gl/maps/c64S2gVgFuS2
If you want to move cheaply, you should book night bus from Osaka or Kyoto.

The same question - Fuji Q from Tokyo..
Use Hyperdia again.
by MP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shimanami Kaido and Fuji-Q transportation 2018/5/13 11:25
I donft know about Shimanami Kaiser, but there are buses from Shinjuku Station in Tokyo that take you to Fuji-Q. The journey is in excess of 2 hours from memory.
by Cana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shimanami Kaido and Fuji-Q transportation 2018/5/13 11:31
@ Cana
???
You should look for new good glasses.
http://www.go-shimanami.jp/global/english/
by MP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shimanami Kaido and Fuji-Q transportation 2018/5/13 15:45
Hiroshima to Onomichi is about 50 minutes by Shinkansen to Mihara and then by local train to Onomichi and that is about 2500yen one way.

Hiroshima to Onomichi is about 90 minutes by local train and is about 1500yen one way.

I've done the first option about 12 times and the latter once. I much prefer the first option and it's only 2000yen more for the round trip. I've based myself in Hiroshima to visit Onomichi and I've spent the night there once.

Onomichi Station is about 400 meters from the bike rental place where you can get your bike to do the crossing. That is as far as I know about biking the Shimanami Kaido. My reasons for visiting Onomichi are not riding a bike across to Shikoku, so I cannot help you there.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread