Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Letter to Japanese host family 2018/5/13 22:44
Hello, I'm gonna be studying in Japan for a month this summer and they want us to write a letter to our future host family. I'd truly appreciate it if someone could tell me if what I wanna say is getting through properly and maybe fix my grammar!!

ホストファミリーの皆さん、始めまして! 今年の8月にお世話になるXX(name)です。日本へ行くのは初めてなので、ちょっと緊張していますが、何よりも、石川県の素晴らしい場所を見に行ったり、日本食を食べたり、新しい経験をしたり、そして皆さんに会ったりするをとてもお楽しみにしております。
国では、日本語をなかなか使えませんので、まだ日常会話がうまくできなくても、皆さんと一緒にできるだけ話して見たいと思っております。私は趣味が多くて、たくさんのことに興味がありますので、どんな話でもいいです! それに、日本の生活に慣れるように、もしよければ、日本語や日本の文化について教えて頂けると嬉しいです。
一ヶ月しかないのに、一緒に過ごす時間は素敵な思い出になるように、今年の夏をよろしくおねいがいいたします。
by Siesta410  

Re: Letter to Japanese host family 2018/5/14 14:01
The「敬語」is little bit off, but I don't think Japanese host family would care. Looks good to me!
by RAS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Letter to Japanese host family 2018/5/14 14:18
Thank you for your reply! Yes, I still can't really use keigo so I just threw in the bits I actually remember and could use in a conservation but I guess that made it a little weird.
by Siesta410 rate this post as useful

Re: Letter to Japanese host family 2018/5/14 19:03
I think it's flawless! Your keigo is perfect and modern too. I can't see anything odd about it. Among the few things I noticed, 始めまして would commonly be written as はじめまして, and a lot of people might think that 初めまして is the correct kanji, but double-checking, I found that 始めまして isn't wrong either. Send it as is. It's wonderful! And I hope you enjoy the great seafood there!
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread