Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

filling out student visa work permit 2018/5/15 01:47
So I'm going to Japan soon (student visa, language school in Tokyo) and I was looking on how to get a part time job on a student visa. From what I found out you can apply for permission at Haneda or Narita when you arrive so I have a few questions about that...If I arrive, say at 8pm on a Sunday, can I still file for this permission? Where do I got to file this? Do I have to file it at commercial hours on a week day?? Very silly questions but I'm very confused about this :/

Also, I found this form at the immigration website http://www.moj.go.jp/content/000099659.pdf but it asks for the address of the place of employment, salary, etc...how do I fill this out if I'm not hired yet?

Thanks in advance!! :-)
by tyemi (guest)  

Re: filling out student visa work permit 2018/5/15 10:36
Ask the immigration official at the airport; he or she will know what to do.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: filling out student visa work permit 2018/5/15 11:53
Note also that while you can do it at the airport, you don't have to. You can also wait until you have settled down and recovered from jet-lag, and go do it at your local immigration office.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: filling out student visa work permit 2018/5/15 14:18
Some language schools will also assist you in this process. Try to ask them upfront if they can do that.

Enjoy studying Japanese!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: filling out student visa work permit 2018/5/16 22:49
Ok, thanks everyone! I was planning on asking the immigration officials and/or the school but just wanted to throw this question here just in case anyone had gone through this and knew what to do. Thanks anyway!
by tyemi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread