Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Matsumoto - Utsukushigahara Highlands by bus 2018/5/18 21:15
We will stay a couple of days in Matsumoto. We really like to visit Utsukushigahara Highlands by bus (we don't hire a car). Unfortunately the bus to Utsukushigahara Highlands only operates in the summer. Is there an alternative transportation?
by cylhlee  

Re: Matsumoto - Utsukushigahara Highlands by bus 2018/5/20 12:19
Will this be in the winter? That is on top of a mountain peak and Nagano gets a LOT of snow in the winter. Even If you find transportation, you had better bring snow shoes.
by JB25 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto - Utsukushigahara Highlands by bus 2018/5/20 20:01
Hi thank you for your reply. We will be in Matsumoto in the begin of June (from now it is about over 2 weeks). I think the snow is beginning to melt in Utsukushigahara Highlands? I think the only way to get to Utsukushigahara Highlands is by taxi?
by cylhlee rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto - Utsukushigahara Highlands by bus 2018/5/20 20:34
I think the only way to get to Utsukushigahara Highlands is by taxi?

Yamamoto Goya Furusatokan (Hotel) runs free shuttle bus from Matsumoto station. Unfortunately there seems to be no English website.

http://www.furusatokan.jp
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto - Utsukushigahara Highlands by bus 2018/5/20 23:45
Thank you, unfortunately the website is in Japanese. I will ask the hotel staff were I stay in Matsumoto.
by cylhlee rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto - Utsukushigahara Highlands by bus 2018/5/21 00:40
yRegular season: 25th April - 11th Novemberz

Free shuttle bus from JR Matsumoto station:
(Matsumoto station west entrance š Yamamoto hut Furusatakan)
14: 15 departs š 15: 30 arrival
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto - Utsukushigahara Highlands by bus 2018/5/21 06:28
Note that the shuttle bus is for their guest. The fare for one night per person including 2 meals is 15,300 yen. One way taxi fare should be 13,000 yen from Matsumoto but I am afraid there are no taxi waiting at Utsukushigahara so if you call taxi you might have to pay additional fee.

You may be able to contact with them through their Facebook page.

https://goo.gl/9aio2i
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto - Utsukushigahara Highlands by bus 2018/5/21 12:51

furusatokan@po.mcci.or.jp
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread