Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Asakusa View Hotel and Asakusa Station 2018/5/19 11:26
Hi all, I will be making my 6th trip to Japan and my 5th to Tokyo. This round however, instead of my usual stay at Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, I would be at the Asakusa View Hotel. Just learnt that there are 4 Asakusa stations and the nearest one to the hotel is the one running the express service. I would think that for most of my trips to explore Tokyo, I would be using the other three stations.

So my question is, what is the fastest way to get from the 3 Asakusa stations (they are connected right?) to the hotel and vice versa? Is there a bus I could take? Thanks in advance.
by The Vapors  

Re: Asakusa View Hotel and Asakusa Station 2018/5/19 13:02
Just walk. Itfs like 3-4 minutes by foot to tawaramachi station on the Ginza line.
by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Asakusa View Hotel and Asakusa Station 2018/5/19 13:22
I can't edit my previous post, and hit submit too soon, but I wanted to elaborate. What I said above, It's about 4 minute walk from Tsukuba Express Asakusa Station, to Tawaramachi Station. Looking at google maps, it is probably double that from your hotel.

Asakusa "Station" is very confusing when using maps and Hyperdia, because you are right, there are 4 different ones. It was by far the hardest for me to figure out transfers for.

The Ginza line station and the Tobu Skytree station at Asakusa are connected, via a few minute walk through a tunnel and up some stairs. The Toei Asakusa line station is not really connected, and actually quite a ways away. Maybe 5 minutes down the street and honestly not very well marked. It's also down a lot of stairs. (Maybe a local can say otherwise, but I couldn't find a tunnel to get between them). To get to the other stations, it is probably a 10-15 minute walk through some pretty cool streets. Or you can walk 8 minutes to the Tawaramachi station I mentioned above, and ride one stop to the end

The one you are staying by is for the Tsukuba Express. It's not really near the other ones at all. You can however, ride it to Akihabara station and transfer onto the Yamanote line to hit just about any major area of Tokyo quite easily. Or from Tawaramachi station, that puts you on the Ginza line, which is a major subway line and is only 2 stops from Ueno station for transfers to Shinkansen or JR lines.

I just stayed in this exact area a month ago and had an excellent time. It's a great area to stay.
by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Asakusa View Hotel and Asakusa Station 2018/5/19 15:43
I have stayed at the nearby Richmond hotel twice & know what you mean about the stations. As has been noted it is really only a short and really pleasant walk from the Ginza line to your hotel. Plus it passes a large Donki that is open 24 hours so you pick up some late night snacks :)
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Asakusa View Hotel and Asakusa Station 2018/5/19 16:25
I stayed right around there at the B. Conte. Yes, you have to walk to the stations, but it's really not that big a deal.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Asakusa View Hotel and Asakusa Station 2018/5/20 23:00
Terribly sorry guys, I have just changed my hotel to the Metropolitan in Ikebukuro. Many thanks to TW for the detailed input! However I will still be heading to Asakusa, to the Sensoji Temple. Have been there a few years back through an organized tour and this time, is bringing a friend. I reckon the nearest station will be by the Ginza subway line. Thanks again guys!
by The Vapors rate this post as useful

reply to this thread