Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Greate opportunities with a Master's degree? 2018/5/20 09:10
Hi everyone! I am wondering if is there a greater for me getting a job in Japan if I have a Master's degree lets just say in Plant Breeding? I have a Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Science. Currently, I am working as a dairy farm worker to gain practical experience, save up and pay off my debt.

In the future, I would like to pursue Master's degree and hopefully be able to work in Japan.

Cheers!
by Doughbert  

Re: Greate opportunities with a Master's degree? 2018/5/20 18:20
What do you want to do?

Plant breeding is almost certainly out. Why would they hire you - a foreigner they don't know, who they have to go through the trouble of sponsoring a visa, and who may have communication difficulties that a native Japanese won't. I don't see how you bring anything that employers can't find in the native population.

Maybe for a general business you might be OK, but it will depend heavily on your Japanese language ability.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Greate opportunities with a Master's degree? 2018/5/20 19:29
I generally agree with DH above... For a degree to have value it needs to be related to the work you will do and the career path you have planned for the next 5 to 10 years at least. Connect the dots.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread