Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Feel good places in Tokyo 2018/5/20 21:12
Hi,
I know this sounds silly. I will be 6 days in Tokyo first week of June. I love to find ' feel good places ' in other countries, while wandsering around. (I like to walk a lot.) So I was wondering... has somebody an advice for me? Can be all kind of places, a cafe, a park, a street, a restaurant, a shop, anything that has the impact on you to make you happy! Thanks!
by Jantje  

Re: Feel good places in Tokyo 2018/5/21 13:14
My places would be:
- Shimokitazawa
- Kichijouji Park
- cycling around back streets. Eg around Sasazuka to Shinjuku (there are tiny docomo bicycles for rent around. Like children bikes bit they are meant for adults)
- Meguro river
- if available the days you are coming n Tokyo a gmatsuri g somewhere

Enjoy your trip to Tokyo

PS : for Japanese try if you can find a meet up group. There are some. I never tried though.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Feel good places in Tokyo 2018/5/21 13:38
My Tokyo favourites in no particular order:
* Omoide yokocho & Golden Gai (usually Bar Albatross)
* Hitachino Brewing Lab, Akihabara
* Baird Taproom, Harajuku
* Tower Records, Shibuya (specifically listening to music on the headphones and buying indie rock)
* Kosoan cafe, Jiyugaoka
* Yanaka, my favourite neighbourhood. Sembei, tea shop, the manju shop with the strawberry fromage daifuku, the cemetery, etc
* hearing Astroboy music at Takadanobaba station as you ride the Yamanote Line
* thunder dolphin rollercoaster at LaQua
* eat sushi for breakfast at Tsukiji (I hope there's nice restaurants at the new fish market)
* Super Potato, Akihabara (retro video game arcade)
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Feel good places in Tokyo 2018/5/21 13:47
Zojoji at Shiba Park is very nice. It is a way out of Tokyo, but my favorite is Enoshima.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Feel good places in Tokyo 2018/5/21 20:21
Wow, wonderful, only reading your lists already made me happy! Thanks! Very sweet to share your places!
by Jantje rate this post as useful

Re: Feel good places in Tokyo 2018/5/21 23:04
Hi!

(Please excuse any typos in advance I am on my cell as my internet is down.)

I am going to second Kichijoji, I really like Inokashira Park, as well as all the cute shops and restaurants.

I like Odaiba. I once caught a gorgeous field of poppies and cosmos there. It's cheery and fun.

Hakuhinkan Toy Park, I like toys and the Toy Park tune is liable to get stuck in your head.

Riding the Yamanote line, I love the variety of train jingles.

Sunshine 60, I like to shop there and last trip we ran into a cosplay event. Everyone there was so nice to my daughter.

For splurges, breakfast at the Tokyo Station Hotel. The service is impeccable and the food is amazing.

Enjoy Tokyo!

by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread