Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Paypal (Again) 2018/5/20 23:25
I just opened a Japanese PayPal (personal) I linked my bank and my card already. How do I receive payments?

I checked other questions and no one gave a step by step answer. I canft even figure out how to update to Premier. I donft need a business account. But I do need to be able to accept payment from family. Help?
by Onya (guest)  

Re: Japan Paypal (Again) 2018/5/21 11:28
Do you know how PayPal works in general? Japanese accounts have some restrictions on sending money, but not on receiving AFAIK, it works just like everywhere else.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Paypal (Again) 2018/5/21 22:30
I have a regular PayPal account (Japanese resident), with a credit card and a bank account linked to it. I mainly use it for making payments (there are some restrictions - I cannot make donations for example), but so far I have had no problem receiving payments into my account.

But if you are thinking of receiving payments into it from family overseas, please note that for cross-border payments there will be a fee on every transaction (there is no "friends & family" zero-fee option, which is available within some countries), and that there will be a fee when you want to withdraw a relatively small amount from your PayPal account into your bank account.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread