Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which destination is best for the weekend? 2018/5/23 15:24
Hello!

We're planning a trip late October 2018 and we're stuck on choosing which destination should be on the weekend. Weekend crowds are of course larger than weekdays, so we wanted to find out the 'least' of the evils. We would appreciate any addtional comments or suggestions too!

1. Tokyo
2. Hakone
3. Takayama
4. Kanazawa
5. Hiroshima + Miyajima

Thank you everyone!
by Elliott V (guest)  

Re: Which destination is best for the weekend? 2018/5/23 16:40
I wouldnt go to Hakone on the weekend, especially if you are staying overnight. Takayama should be OK, or Kanazawa. Some places are more fun if they are busy with locals on the weekends, like Tsumago, or Hikone. Tokyo is a big place but places like Asakusa (sp?) get really crowded on weekends.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which destination is best for the weekend? 2018/5/23 19:04
I love a Sunday in Tokyo, for the people watching. Ginza and the main drag in Shinjuku are both pedestrian areas on a Sunday afternoon, and those, as well as any of the big parks in Tokyo, are delightful for watching the locals at play. More delicious food than you can eat in a lifetime, and a huge bustling city full of people wanting to make the most of their precious time off.

Enjoy your trip!
by Who? (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which destination is best for the weekend? 2018/5/24 06:58
I would stay in Tokyo. So much happens in Tokyo on Sundays. A good time to get some shopping in and hitting the shrines and gardens that have heaps of space.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread