Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nagoya as a base - Five days 2018/5/25 18:20
I have been to Nagoya already many times, so i have seen all main sights mentioned on this page and also in the forums... but due to the fact that my girlfriend has to work in Nagoya for a week, i am bound for about 5 days in this city. So while she is working hard (hopefully) i will stroll around enjoying myself.

i was trying to find some more secluded spots or places a little afar from Nagoya and i would would like to hear your opinion about my time-planning or get some other / more interesting spots i may have overseen or maybe recommendations (food, onsen,...) / other comments on the places i had in mind... any comment welcome!

Day1:
Himakajima
* this will be the only day i am not travelling allown
* the isle doesn't seem to be very interesting generally, but i need to go there cause my girlfriend loves fresh tako and she read in some japanese magazine that this should be the best place for tako in whole Japan, so there is no meaning for me negotiating this with her. tako on Himakajima it will be.
* but maybe you got a recommendation for best place for eating there or other things in the neighbourhood (i think it can be done as a half day trip?)

Day2:
Inuyama Castle
Site Of Reversible Destiny
* both places seem to be kinda close on the map, but traveling between them seems to take quite long
** i think it makes sense to go over Gifu (maybe you know something interesting in Gifu) even though hyperdia suggests to go back to Nagoya... but i assume Hyperdia just didnt look on the map :-) ? )

Day3:
Nabana no Sato
Nagashima Spa Land
* onsen! Yeah! what can be wrong with that?

Day4:
Gujo Hachiman
Mino
Seki
* Gujo Hachiman is my main target, but i would be also interested into Washi paper and Seki knifes, so i would go there on the way back to Nagoya if time still permits it .
* Would you recommend to use bus or train between Gujo - Mino and Seki? trains seem to be quite infrequent and rail pass can not be used anyhow.

Day5:
Seki-juku
Iga Ueno
by Glimpigumpi  

Re: Nagoya as a base - Five days 2018/5/25 20:40

My transports when visiting Gujo Hachiman:

* TRAIN: NAGOYA JR to GIFU JR
* BUS: JR GIFU BUS STOP No.14 to GUJO HACHIMAN
GET OFF AT JOKOMACHI PLAZA 郡上八幡城下町プラザ

* MAME SIGHTSEEING 200 円 BUS FROM JOKOMACHI PLAZA
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya as a base - Five days 2018/5/30 08:17
How about to see UKAI in Gifu?
Traditional fishing.
by Me (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya as a base - Five days 2018/5/30 17:26
yes, thank you. it seems i totally forgot about gifu :-)
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread