Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Questions about visiting Arima Onsen 2018/5/26 23:23
I will have a day visit to Arima Onsen, and reading some details, there are about 7 types of spring water available, but all I can find are the Kinsen (golden hot spring) and Ginsen (silver hot spring), so are the rest not really worth the visit, whiles there I will be visiting Kin No Yu and Gin No Yu, both are reasonable cheap, whiles I also checked details on Taiko no Yu, whiles it's seems expensive, is it worth going, or should I just stick with Kin No Yu and Gin No Yu.

Lastly how long do people usually stay at Arima Onsen, is 5 hrs enough.

Thanks
by kms899  

Re: Questions about visiting Arima Onsen 2018/5/28 09:56
Kin-no-yu and Gin-no-yu are both inexpensive, because they are public bath houses (sento ‘K“’) that happen to use onsen water (i.e., not a part of hotel or ryokan). So don't expect anything luxurious, like outdoor onsen (roten ˜I“V). Both are popular with the locals and tourists, and make sure to visit when not closed for maintenance (once a week on different days).

If you estimate to spend about 1.5 hr at each onsen, a 5-hr trip will give you two hours between the two to cool down, stroll and eat a meal. Personally, I would want another hour (or two) for more relaxed experience.

by Therman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Questions about visiting Arima Onsen 2018/5/28 10:03
Thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure how big the town was for stroking as I was thinking of booking the hankyu bus service in advance right after arriving in the case the bus is fully booked.

Also I'm not after anything fancy, so yes, both sento's will fit my needs.

Anyway thanks again.
by Kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread