Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji Hakone Pass 2018/5/27 19:37
Hi all

I'll be travelling from Shinjuku to Hakone on 7 Nov and spending 2 nights there. Afterwhich I'm off to Kawaguchiko for another 2 nights. Then I'm heading towards Kyushu on 11 Nov

1. I reckon I should buy a one way ticket for Romance Car from Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto at 2280yen, and get a Fuji Hakone Pass from Odawara at 5650yen?

2. However as the Fuji Hakone Pass is only valid for 3 days. Meaning I will pay for regular tickets for my 4th day. Correct?

3. Does Fuji Hakone Pass cover also cover limited express buses between Mishima-Gotemba-Kawaguchiko (operated by Fujikyu Bus)?

4. Is there any other cost-saving way I can go about this 5 day 4 night trip?

5. Lastly, to make my way from Kawaguchiko to Hakata, I should:
1) take bus from Kawaguchiko to Mishima
2) take shinkansen from Mishima to Shin-Kobe to Hakata
Is this the best route?

Thanks on advance.

by Suanz  

Re: Fuji Hakone Pass 2018/6/11 14:46
Hi Suanz,

1. I reckon I should buy a one way ticket for Romance Car from Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto at 2280yen, and get a Fuji Hakone Pass from Odawara at 5650yen?

A: You are right.

2. However as the Fuji Hakone Pass is only valid for 3 days. Meaning I will pay for regular tickets for my 4th day. Correct?

A: It's correct.

3. Does Fuji Hakone Pass cover also cover limited express buses between Mishima-Gotemba-Kawaguchiko (operated by Fujikyu Bus)?

A: No. It covers between Gotemba-Kawaguchiko, by local bus only. Not covers between Mishima-Gotemba.

4. Is there any other cost-saving way I can go about this 5 day 4 night trip?
5. Lastly, to make my way from Kawaguchiko to Hakata, I should:
1) take bus from Kawaguchiko to Mishima
2) take shinkansen from Mishima to Shin-Kobe to Hakata

A: I think it's the cost-saving way with convenience.
1) buy one way ticket for Romancecar from Shinjuku to Odawara (1770Yen)
2) buy Fuji Hakone Pass at Odakyu sightseeing service center in "Odawara Station" (5650Yen) and go to Hakone-Gotemba-Kawaguchiko
3) take local bus from Kawaguchiko to Gotemba Station (1510Yen)
4) take the JR Gotemba line to Mishima (change trains at Numazu), and take Shinkansen
You can buy through fare ticket from Gotemba to Hakata with visiting Shin-Kobe at Gotemba Station, or use JR Pass.

About Gotemba Station,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotemba_Station
by ITIT29 rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Hakone Pass 2018/6/11 15:45
Thank you so much
by Suanz rate this post as useful

reply to this thread