Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai Thru Pass worth buying? 2018/5/28 00:44
Hello everyone,

Ifll be visiting Osaka for around 6 days. Ifm based really near the Kintetsu Uehommachi station in Osaka. Would getting the Kansai Thru Pass be worth it?

Ifve explored Osaka several times before, so my itinerary might include day trip or two throughout the Kansai region (Mount Koya, Kyoto, Nara, etc.), time and stamina permitting.

Would the Kansai Thru Pass be feasible? 2-day or 3-day? Let me know if you have any suggestions! Thank you, everyone!
by Rod P. (guest)  

Re: Kansai Thru Pass worth buying? 2018/5/28 14:24
Whenever I go to Japan and stay mainly in Kansai, I have gotten the Thru Pass as my only form of transportation. They are super easy to buy at a stall right in KIX and I believe some of the larger train stations. They'll sell you multiple passes, I usually get two 3-days, and I might have gotten three 3-days once. I typically stay in Kyoto, and have used the pass to easily get around Kyoto and get to Osaka, Nara, Kobe, and (slowly) Himeji. I have not tried to go to Otsu or Wakayama, so I can't say how convenient it is for that.

I've never really taken JR trains in Kansai, so I'm not sure what I'm missing there, but from my experience there are plenty of private railways that make the Thru Pass plenty convenient. If you are already getting a JR pass for some reason, then I'm not sure if you'd want to spend the extra money for the Thru Pass, but otherwise I would definitely recommend it.
by Jason (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread