Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese husband becomes jobless-visa problem 2018/5/29 13:26
I'm from Hong Kong and I got married with my Japanese husband in Japan April this year. I'm working in Hong Kong currently but have tendered resignation. I originally planned to move to Japan permanently from June this year (come on tourist visa n apply for change of visa status). Unfortunately, he suffers from acute depression recently becoz of stress at work. Becoz of his illness and intention to leave his job, I have already handed in the application for coe last week and am now thinking of withdrawing my resignation. Assuming I'm granted a one year spouse visa, my husband is ill and on leave and benefit or even unemployed before I renew my visa next year, and I don't have a job too here in Japan, will my spouse visa extension be rejected? Some more background of us : Finance is indeed not a problem for us. I have enough savings to support the both of us even we are unemployed for a long period of time. I read here that his parents can be guarantors. But his parents are both retired persons. I have passed jlpt level 2 but find it hard to understand conversation among Japanese.
My job in HK is very well paid but I'm not a professional and is nothing but an housewife in Japan. He is now in a state that his plans for the future changes everyday. One day he said he would take rest and find a job in HK, the other day he said he wanted to continue living in Japan. I'm asking about the chance for getting a visa renewal now because if it is slim, I had better withdrawn my resignation before too late. Appreciate if anyone who knows of cases where the Japanese half goes unemployed can share.
by Heisei30 (guest)  

Re: Japanese husband becomes jobless-visa problem 2018/5/29 21:54
If you have a genuine marriage, visa would not be a problem. You can always explain your situation to immigration and show your savings etc.
if I was you I would be more worried about the health of your spouse and relationship, will focus on how you want to support your spouse

Visa will not be a deal breaker
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese husband becomes jobless-visa problem 2018/5/29 23:01
I am also married with Japanese. I know most of the things related with spouse visa.
The following points are considered from immigration viewpoint
1) How long you have been married? Your long term marriage(at least 3 year+) will be added advantage.
First you need to prove that the marriage is real.
2) If you give proof of enough assets and savings, its enough.
3) Your husband is Japanese, there is no problem if he and you can show enough funds
4) Now your husband is sick, immigration will surely consider it on humanity basis. You are in better position to get spouse visa. Here, people who over stayed and having jail history and then married to Japanese got 3 years visa and then PR.
5)If your husband`s parents have income even though they are retired, that is plus in your case.
Please dont worry. you will get 1 year visa as per my knowledge.
by Same (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese husband becomes jobless-visa problem 2018/5/30 12:36
Thanks ...
I'm certainly working on how to get him recovered everyday, like accompanying him to medical appointments, reading relevant books for advices, dragging him out of the house... But whenever he thinks of me not staying by his side, he panicks. So whether I will be allowed to stay with him is one thing I have to work out now.
Thank you, Same! Your reply eases my mind!
by Heisei30 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread