Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pasmo and Suica 2018/5/30 22:43
May i know what is the different between pasmo and suica? Any restriction of using this card for public transport?
by nicole liau  

Re: Pasmo and Suica 2018/5/31 11:59
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pasmo and Suica 2018/5/31 17:55
Do you prefer penguins or robots? That's the difference.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Pasmo and Suica 2018/5/31 18:17
If you will be arriving at Haneda and leaving from Narita or vice versa and you want to return the card before leaving, take a Pasmo. If you buy a Suica at Haneda you can't return it at Narita and vice versa (due to the different handling companies Tokyo Monorail vs. jR East).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Pasmo and Suica 2018/5/31 22:58
What do you mean penguin or robot?
by nicole liau rate this post as useful

Re: Pasmo and Suica 2018/5/31 23:10
Suica has a picture of a penguin; Pasmo has a picture of a robot. Just the look of the card - in other words they function pretty much the same.
by SueMe rate this post as useful

Re: Pasmo and Suica 2018/6/1 08:09
Of course, you could also not even worry where you'll be returning the card, and just keep it as a 500 yen souvenir or for a future trip. The balance keeps for... 10 years, I think?
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Pasmo and Suica 2018/6/1 14:03
One difference I found was that it was a bit difficult to refill the SUICA from the subway stations. I got a SUICA at the JR station my first day, but the rest of my trip I used mainly subway stations. They had lots of PASMO refill machines, but only maybe 1 out of 5 of them had combo machines that would also refill my SUICA. So I had to make sure to put a lot on the card when I came across one of those. Or if I was transferring at a big station, I had to wander way upstairs into the adjacent JR station to refill. They were interchangeable in terms of use, but the PASMO would have been a better choice for my trip.
by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pasmo and Suica 2018/6/1 16:43
Can i use pasmo or suica buy shinkansen ticket?
by nicole liau rate this post as useful

Re: Pasmo and Suica 2018/6/1 18:18
Not sure about Pasco, but suica, yes and you have to link your credit card first, I think you have to do this through a app.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread