Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka-Nagoya-Takayama-Nagano-Tokyo Passes 2018/5/31 15:05
Hi

Will travelling to the following places in ascending order this Dec for 18days. Have made use of Hyperdia website for the trains fares and have calculated the travel costs numerous times. It doesnt seem worth to buy a 14 or 21 days JR national pass. Will be travelling with my family of 3 adults and a 14days pass already costs at least 1800sgd...

Appreciate if anyone can recommend or share more on travel passes?
Will it be easier if I get the individual JR passes for the major cities ie Osaka-Nagoya, Nagano-Tokyo?
From Nagano to Tokyo will it be worthwhile if I get the JR east pass?

Osaka - 3 days ( Osaka amazing pass
Nagoya - 2 days ( Shoryudo Nagoya Subway + Bus 1 day pass )
Takayama - 2 days
Shirakawago - 1 day
Takyama - 1 day
Hirayu Onsen - 1 day
Nagano - 2 days
Tokyo - 6 days ( Suica pass )

Thanks in advance for the help!
by hippolilo  

Re: Osaka-Nagoya-Takayama-Nagano-Tokyo Passes 2018/5/31 16:21
There are many other routes and one which I will suggest is not completely fit your itinerary, but I hope you can see some ideas in it.

Buy normal ticket from Kyoto to Kanazawa (around 7,000 yen including the limited express fee).

Then take Three Star Route Shinjuku ticket, 8,560 yen.

http://www.alpico.co.jp/access/ticket/pdf/panf701[1].pdf

You can go from Kanazawa to Shirakawago, and then Takayama, Hirayu Onsen, Matsumoto and finally Shinjuku. You can stop the above places, within 7 days of validity period.

This ticket does not include Nagano, so if you really want to go, take train to Nagano (60 min 1,140 yen one way).
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread