Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Student/working visa couple can plan a child? 2018/6/2 11:06
Hello
I am from Nepal. I and my wife both of us are in student visa in japan. We already finished language school and now both of us are in senmon school. In future both of us want to get work visa in japan.
Q1 : can we plan a child without changing visa status to dependent?
Q2: if wife get work visa and i am in dependent, is it possible to get baby?
Q3: If both of us got a work visa, how can we plan for a child without changing visa status?

Thanks
by Ganesh (guest)  

Re: Studen/working visa couple can plan a child? 2018/6/2 14:33
Of course you can have a child, this is not China. Your status doesn't matter either (if you were still in language school, that could have been a problem since then in principle you can't "sponsor" your child for "Dependent" status).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Studen/working visa couple can plan a child? 2018/6/2 16:39
Q2: if she loses the job, she and you (also a baby) can't stay in Japan.
if she does not lose the job (it means she joins the company's health insurance during pregnant and childcare leave), she, you (dependent), and a baby can stay.
in this forum, many foreigners don't have company's health insurance, and join National health insurance. in that case, she is not qualified as working status, when she leaves the company.
be noted that, even if the company says she can come back after child birth, it is not enough to fulfill the condition.

you can speculate the answer of Q1 and Q3.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread