Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which bus pass Kanazawa-Matsumoto-Shinjuku 2018/6/3 01:35
This summer (July) part of my trip in Japan is going through the Alps.
I was wondering if someone has better suggestions and which bus pass is advisable?

The trip will be as follow:
day 1 from Osaka to Kanazawa (bus or train)
day 2 Visiting Kanazawa
day 3 Kanazawa to Shirakawa-go. Visiting the area and continu to Takayama (or maybe stay in Hirayu Onsen)
day 4 a day of hiking. Going to the Shin-Hotaka Ropeway , hike to the mountain hut and the same way back, or from the mountainhut hike down to Kamikochi and by bus back to Takayama.
day 5 Visit Takayama or go to a nice Onsen before going to Matsumoto to spent the afternoon there
day 6 Visit Matsumoto, in the afternoon bus to Shinjuku.

As we are travelling with backpacks. Are there lockers in Shirakawa-go?
Should the bus from Shirakawa-go to Takayama be reserved up front? If this is the case, how much time is suggested to spent in Shirakawa-go?

As possible bus pass I saw the following options:
- Shoryuda Highway bus pass
- Three star ticket route
- Alps Wide Free Passport

But it is not totally clear to me what is covered and what not.

Looking forward to the response
by svhh  

Re: Which bus pass Kanazawa-Matsumoto-Shinjuku 2018/6/3 17:55
Among them Three Star Route Shinjuku ticket will fit your itinerary.

http://www.alpico.co.jp/access/ticket/pdf/panf701[1].pdf

This ticket (one way, not pass) allows you to travel from Kanazawa to Shirakawago, Takayama, Hirayu onsen, Matsumoto and then Shinjuku. You must reserve some sections. You might better ask when you buy it at Kanazawa.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread