Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Translation help 2018/6/4 09:50
I would ask my coworkers for help, but I don’t feel comfortable with them knowing my personal life.

My significant other and I have recently come to a crossroad. I’m having difficult expressing myself in Japanese in a way that he can understand.

I have written some, but I still need help. Can anyone translate the English into written Japanese (no romaji)?

If you have to make changes, it’s ok. I just want to make sure my opinion/question is easily understood.

-----------------------------

将来何が起こるかは誰にもわからないし、それは不確実なものだよね。でも、あなたが何かを求めるなら、それを実現させるための行動を起こさないといけないと思う。

私はあなたと一緒にいる未来が欲しいし、それを実現しようとしているの。あなたが私との関係を続けたいと思っていて、未来に向けて一緒に努力してくれるのなら、関係を続けたいと思ってる。

There is no rush, pressure, or timeline. But I want to know you are willing to make me a priority. I am not asking to be more important than your friends. I am asking to be as important. Treat me with the same respect you treat them. Think of me when you have free time or vacation. Think of me when interesting events happen. Think of me in your future.

もしも、2人の未来のために一緒に頑張るつもりがないなら、そう言ってほしい。私が日本にとどまる理由はあなただから。あなたを本当に愛していて、あなたと一緒にいたいと思うから日本にいる。
by Bad Japanese (guest)  

Re: Translation help 2018/6/4 15:08
あせらなくていいし、プレッシャーを感じないでほしいし、いつまでにと期限も決めるわけじゃない。
(There is no need to rush, I don't want you to feel pressured, and I am not setting any due date until when.)

でも、私のことを大事に考える意志があなたにあるんだということを感じられないと。
(But I need to be able to feel that you have the will to value me.) Note: implying that you don't feel it now. Correct me if my assumption is wrong here.

友達よりも大事に思ってほしいとは言っていない。
(I am not saying that I want you to value me more than your friends.)

友達同等に、大事な存在として見てほしい。
(I want you to see me as just as important as your friends.)

友達に払うのと同じくらいの敬意の念を持って接してほしい。
(I want you to interact with me with the same respect you'd pay your friends.)

自由な時間ができた時や休暇の時に、私のことを考えてほしい。
(Think of me when you have free time or when on vacation.)

楽しい出来事があった時に私のことを考えてほしい。
(Think of me when fun events/things happen.)

あなたが将来を思い浮かべた時に、将来のあなたの隣に私を置いてほしい。。
(When you think about your future in your mind, I want you to put me next to you in your future.)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Translation help 2018/6/4 15:17
as a male Japanese, your Japanese is perfectly understandable. I am sure that he will understand what you want to tell him.
good luck.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Translation help 2018/6/5 07:07
Thank you for your help and kind words. It’s a very difficult time.
by Bad Japanese (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread