Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Northern Kyushu Pass 2018/6/6 20:10
Since I will spend 7-8 days around northern part of Kyushu, can I purchase a five-day Northern Kyushu and a three-day Northern Kyushu at the same trip?
by Su (guest)  

Re: Northern Kyushu Pass 2018/6/7 11:00
Those passes arenft cheap (compared to those offered by JR West, for example). Are you sure you are going to be traveling on trains every single day? I am not talking about local ones, but longer distance trains?
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Northern Kyushu Pass 2018/6/7 15:51
What time of year are you travelling? How far are you travelling? Is speed the most important thing for you?

One option may be the 18-Free Kippu which has information marked below.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2362.html

I would also normally recommend traveling via train in Japan, but Northern Kyushu trains and not always that much faster than catching a bus. I'm sure there might be some bus passes for Northern Kyushu which will be much cheaper if this is important for you....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Northern Kyushu Pass 2018/6/7 19:12
It really depends on where and how many days you travel to each location. As above, the buses are cheaper and can connect you to the major towns and cities in similar travel times as trains. So I somewhat agree with the above statement.

If you can share a possible itinerary, we may be able to answer your question better.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Northern Kyushu Pass 2018/6/7 20:35
Thank you for all your answer. I just do my homework for my January next year trip so I do not have an exact itinerary at this moment. Right now the place I plan to go are Beppu, Kurokawa Onsen, Kumamoto, Saga area and Nagasaki area. From my experience, I found that during winter season the bus is infrequent so I prefer train if possible.
by Su (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Northern Kyushu Pass 2018/6/8 18:06
Kurokawa is bus access only. So no good paying for days you cannot use a JR pass. So noting that. I would get a 3 day pass to travel around Nagasaki and Saga, finishing at Kumamoto, use buses for Kurokawa and Yufuin, then get another 3 day pass to over the rest of the itinerary.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread